PHONE+41 24 471 33 96
Route de Chindonne 300
1871 Les Giettes, Switzerland
Reopening on June 5th, see you this summer!
Where is Chindonne located?
The Auberge de Chindonne is located at the foot of the Dent de Valerette, along the famous Dents du Midi tour, in Les Giettes, just about the city of Monthey in the canton of Valais, Switzerland.
25 minutes drive above Monthey
20 km from the Portes du Soleil
1h45 by car from Geneva airport
In summer, yes (June – November)
In winter, access via Les Cerniers. see below (January – April)
A9 motorway, exit n ° 19 Bex – Lavey.
Turn right towards Monthey. At the 3rd roundabout, take direction Choëx.
Follow the road up the mountain to Les Giettes where you will arrive at an intersection.
- In summer (June – October): TURN RIGHT and follow the “Chindonne” signs to the end of the road where you will find the parking lot.
- In winter: (January – April): TURN LEFT towards “Les Cerniers” and follow the road. You will arrive at a large parking lot in front of Restaurant Les Cerniers.
Skiing or snowboarding
- Duration: approx. 15 minutes
- Good level of skiing necessary for the button lifts
- Lifts are open to the public from 10am-4pm every weekend
Snowshoes or sealskin
- Duration: 1h15-1h30
- Follow the marked and indicated routes: “Forest Tour” and “Chindonne Tour”
- See the map
In the snow plow
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Up to 12 people per trip
- By reservation only
The nearest airport is Geneva Airport (GVA). There is a train station inside the airport.
The nearest station is Monthey (regional train) or Aigle (inter-regional train).
From Aigle to Monthey: AOMC to Monthey-ville (20 min.)
Timetables and prices on www.cff.ch.
From Monthey CFF station, bus n ° 63 takes you to the parking lot of the “Les Cerniers” parking lot (the final stop), approx. 35 minutes.
- Duration 1h15-1h30
- You can follow the marked and indicated routes: “Forest Tour” and “Chindonne Tour” from the Les Cerniers car park.
- See the map
Pickup from Les Cerniers to the auberge is available for a fee. Please contact us to inquire.
The auberge sits at 1604m in altitude. Ski lifts ascend to 1800m.
In summer: The Chindonne parking lot is accessible, free of charge, and just next to the auberge.
In winter: The closest parking lot is the Les Cerniers parking lot, free of charge.
Route des Cerniers 100
1871 Les Giettes